I started off the day at the store shopping for groceries and then the pet store for food and litter. While I was gone, Dad headed outside with the kids to rake up leaves. When I got back I put the groceries away, ate a little lunch and headed out to the rally. I had to be there at 1 PM to get checked in, relearn my job and be ready.
First, pictures of the kids.
They all had a great time.
Then Dad took a picture of me before I left.
I had to dress warmly so I had on several layers. It was going to be nice in the afternoon but as soon as the sun went down I knew I would get cold. I took my coat and a pair of gloves too.
I had an absolutely wonderful time. I talked to many nice people and only a few grouchies and I think even a couple Obama supporters. I was talking up the crowd, getting them excited, talking to the kids and everyone was having a good time except a couple times when people wouldn't talk back to me no matter what I did. I finally realized who they probably were when one set of them came back down my line and left. I spoke to many Veterans and thanked them for their service and learned where they were stationed and that usually got other people talking to them too. They loved the attention they were getting.
After they closed up my line, I went inside to help out. I ended up getting a couple people kicked out. They were working as event staff. They had many Obama stickers on their backs and were making rude comments while Romney was speaking. I told one of the Romney staffers and they escorted them out.
All in all it was a great night. 3 more days!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Korean Scholarship!
Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won! Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...
-
Happy Valentine's Day! The kids woke up to a nice surprise of Valentine cards, dye free candy, new shirts and socks, and new "lip...
-
KrisAnne Hall came to our house today to give a fabulous lecture to 13 kids. She was supposed to come on Friday but she got caught in a ro...
-
I am finally getting a handle on how we are going to do school now and even though I don't have it all set up yet (Rosetta Stone is in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment