September 8, 2013

Constitution History

KrisAnne Hall came to our house today to give a fabulous lecture to 13 kids.

She was supposed to come on Friday but she got caught in a road closure on I-70 due to a semi that rolled over and dumped its load of lumber.  It took KrisAnne 7 hours to get from Craig, Colorado to Highlands Ranch which is usually only a 4 hour drive.

Thankfully, she was safe and she was able to reschedule with us for today.

I didn't get the turnout I wanted but next time I definitely will!!

KrisAnne began with the history of the Constitution, the difference between a democracy (which we don't have) and a republic (which we do have), and the 5 documents that shaped our Declaration of Independence and Constitution.  During her talk, she told us about bully kings and why it is important to know our rights or they may be taken away.

She was a very lively speaker and had the kids full attention.  Even Andrew sat quietly for 90 minutes listening to her speak.  She is one of those speakers who can get out a lot of information and intersperse it with a lot of fun facts you don't usually find in the history books.

I took lots of notes ready to reteach and but I ended up buying her book that has a lot of the information in it.  I absolutely loved having her here and if you ever get a chance to see KrisAnne Hall in person go see her!!  Her website is http://www.krisannehall.com/.  Here is her calendar so you can see when she is coming to a town near you.

Cairn and Andrew didn't get in the picture for some reason and a few other kids are missing too.  KrisAnne is on the left hand side in the back.

3 comments:

  1. Glad the kids got to hear about the Constitution in an exciting way. I checked her calender and she has a lot of meetings scheduled in Texas, maybe we can catch her Love Cappy & Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to contradict but who is the girl with the flag on her chest third from the left. Sounds like you had a great time
    love
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. I was looking at a mini version of the picture and couldn't find her since all her hair was pulled back. I should have looked at the big picture!! Thanks for finding my own daughter for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...