November 5, 2012

School, Girl Scouts and super sleepy boy

Everyone was  up with the sun since it was up earlier then usual and we were at work on schoolwork by 8 AM.

Cairn worked on her unit assessment for probability and data, did a Spanish lesson, finished  her vocabulary lessons by taking the final mastery test.  She is also working on math facts and writing better paragraphs.  She has also decided that she wants to play the flute after she finishes up her Master's piano class.  I would love to see her continue her music.

Skylar is working on subtraction story problems in math.  She has pretty much finished all her Literature because we have read so much her entire life that she knows all the stories they want her to read as does Andrew.  They both can answer any question about the stories.  Skylar is also working on improving her writing and reading more and more.  She seems to be stuck that every vowel only makes a short sound so when we do long vowel sounds it takes a while because she just isn't as fluent but we will get there.  She is determined.

Andrew is doing more and more work at his desk. He loves having schoolwork and he loves the challenge.  He especially loves it when he can answer before Skylar.  I let him play in between activities especially when I am working with one of the girls but he always comes back as soon as I ask him too.  He is hungry.  Today, he worked on matching letters and making three of a kind, gluing, coloring, counting and matching a number with the groups of objects.  He is also working very hard on his piano.  One day last week he wasn't willing to sit and practice or even let me correct his hands.  I told him he might have to quit piano and he went crazy.  "I can't quit piano!"  He immediately sat back down and got to work and everyday since has been the same and I have seen a marked improvement.

Here is Andrew ready to go to Girl Scouts.  He found this hat in his dresser and wore it all afternoon.  You know he is 3 1/2 now!!

We had Girl Scouts in the afternoon and then came home for dinner.  While we were eating,  Andrew asked if it was almost nighttime.  I told him yes and he said he was tired.  I guess so!!  We were up from 2:30 AM until 4:30 AM and then he woke up for the day at 7:00 AM.

Why you ask?  There was someone in the neighborhood stealing Romney signs.

Speaking of the election - I was responsible for a number of voters to contact and make sure they vote.  My list is 87.7% voted.  I only have a few that I will have to call tomorrow for the last time to make sure they vote.  They were mostly poll people and not mail in - all but 2 of my mail in people turned in their ballots already.  I am hoping to get 100%.  Many of these people I have talked to several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...