March 19, 2014

This is crazy!

Today, we were driving to Taekwondo when we saw this van at a local elementary school.

I was so floored that I had to turn back to take a picture.


School already wastes a lot of time but why in the world would you need to have an assembly to tell kids how to ride the bus.

I remember how I learned how to ride the bus.  The driver got on, told us to keep our hands and feet to ourselves, keep our voices down and he would get us home safely.

Only one time did I not follow the rules.

Story time - It was the last day of 7th grade.  We were being typical middle schoolers and we were having a paper fight on the bus.  I was sitting in the last row of the bus in the very back.  The bus driver stopped in the middle of the route, came to the back of the bus, pointed at me and said I was going back to the bus barn to clean the bus and my mom would have to come pick me up.  I was fine with helping pick up the mess I had made but I didn't think it was fair that I had to clean it all up by myself.

So (bad decision coming) my friends and I decided that when we got to my stop they would all stand up and I would go out the back emergency door.

So we got to my stop, I ran out the door and started running as fast as I could.  I glanced back and the bus driver was CHASING me.  He tackled me in the middle of the soccer field.  He put me back on the bus, drove me back to the school and took me to the principal's office.

When we got to the school, the principal called my mom.  She came to the school to pick me up , she was livid but not at me.  She immediately yelled at the principal that what the bus driver did to me by tackling me was totally unacceptable and I would not be cleaning the bus, I would not have any consequences from the school or she would file charges against the bus driver.  The principal let me go.

I did get yelled at at home and I was grounded for the first week of summer vacation.  Lesson learned - no more paper fights for me and I was a good little bus rider the rest of my school career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...