Today, I went to a vegan cooking class with my friend, Keena. She has been a vegan for 10 years like me, so we know a lot but we need some inspiration these days. We keep cooking the same things over and over and just don't feel like trying anything new unless we know it is going to be good. So when I found this school, we decided to give it a try.
We had a good time. We didn't learn much since we are already vegans and know a lot. The class seemed to be geared toward people who are becoming vegan. Here is the menu that we got to taste today.
Plant Protein Menu
Olives, Five Fresh Herbs & Chick Pea Salad ~ a native dish to the South of France
Oven Roasted Asparagus with Asian Peanut Sauce
Egyptian Yellow Split Pea Stew
served over rice, wilted spinach and a dollop of creamy yogurt
skinny strips of toasted whole wheat lavash
Black Bean Veggie Burritos Smothered in Homemade Colorado Green Chile Sauce
The Chickpea salad was good and simple to put together. I think the kids will like it too. The asparagus and peanut sauce was FABULOUS and so easy to make. I can't wait to make it this week. I just need to pick up some fresh asparagus. Neither one of us liked the stew but we are going to try to make it at home and make it to our tastes to see if we like it better. We think we didn't like it because the peas were cooked too al dente for our tastes.
The burritos were pretty good. I liked the green chili.
So we will keep an eye on her classes but we don't know if we will return unless it is something we know nothing about. She was a very kind and generous woman, we just need something different than what she is offering.
I returned home to an empty house since Dad took the kids to Aunt Trish's house to do some house repairs while I was at cooking school. I did some picking up and then school planning since we go back to school next week.
When the kids returned, Cairn and I headed to the store to get the fixin's for our pizza tonight and our pancakes for tomorrow. You see there are 6 kids here tonight. Each kid has a friend spending the night. I made pizza for dinner, tapioca for dessert and tomorrow morning I am making pancakes with strawberry sauce. The kids have been watching movies, playing Wii and doing crafts.
The completed Carousel crafts.
The completed Carousel crafts.
No comments:
Post a Comment