August 21, 2013

Ellitch's Day

I let everyone sleep in but no one ended up sleeping in too long.  They were all too excited about our day at Elitch's.  I had to pick up cat litter before we could go out for the day.  As soon as I got back everyone was ready to go.  Aunt Trish decided she wanted to go too so we picked her up and hit the park.

We were inside by 11 AM.

Our first ride was the Ferris Wheel.  Andrew and Skylar had never been to an amusement park was they were little anxious about what to expect.  It was written all over their faces.  After the Ferris Wheel we ended up splitting up.  I took the Andrew and Skylar to the Kiddie area since they weren't tall enough for most of the other rides.  So Dad, Aunt Trish and Cairn went to ride some of the bigger rides.

First, the motorcycles...

 then the airplanes...
 then the boats...
 and finally, the swings.
If you noticed that the kids didn't look too happy but they said they had a great time.  I don't know why they look like they are in pain or that I forced them on the rides (because I didn't) but even when the ride was moving they still looked bored to death.  I even got the kids on a mini-roller coaster.  Neither one liked the roller coaster but I was so super proud that they tried it.

We met up with everyone else to go on the big splash ride where you get soaking wet.  We were all super hot.  It was fun, then we stood on the sidelines and got drenched a few more times by the ride.  Everyone was starting to get hungry so we headed out to the car for lunch.

When we returned, we ran into some friends as they were heading to their car to eat. We made plans to meet up later and then headed inside to ride a few more rides then headed to the water park.

In the water park, we met up with our friends.  So the girls ran off with their friends while Andrew hung out with Dad.  They all played in the wave pool and then wandered around to find the slides and a pirate ship area.

Cairn had two negative experiences within a few minutes.  First, she got up the nerve to do the slides with her friend.  When they got to the top, the ride attendant said to Cairn, "take off your shirt."  Cairn said no and then had to walk back down to the bottom.  She got into the wave pool and within a few minutes she got a nosebleed.  As she came out of the water, she walked by 2 lifeguards that didn't stop and help her.  She had blood all over her face, hands and shirt - they didn't miss it.

She got to me and we got her taken care of, she told me what happened and I went looking for a supervisor.  Why in the world did they ask her to take off her shirt?  The supervisor explained that they don't allow shirts because they can snag on the ride and the attendant is supposed to ask them if they have a top underneath first, if they don't have a top then they are allowed to ride as long as the shirt is a swim shirt.  None of that happened for Cairn.  She was quite upset.

Eventually, she got back together with her friend and she ended up having a great day.

All in all, we all had a great day.  We watched the acrobats.
 Rode the Carousel



We stayed until the park closed, and then we headed out to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.  Everyone ate a ton of food.  We were home by 9 PM and everyone was asleep by 10 PM, ever Mom and Dad.  What a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looked like a beautiful day and lots of fun. Luv Cappy & Nana

    ReplyDelete

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...