April 3, 2013

Soccer and glasses

Super busy day.  We started off doing our schoolwork.  Due to some behaviors, I am now requiring the kids to sit at their desk to do their schoolwork.  It seems to be helping.  They are staying on task until they finish the assignment.  It is a lot of energy on my part to keep them there when they finish and I am working with someone else.  We will work it out.

Andrew had his first soccer practice and boy is he a natural.

Sorry this picture is blurry.  I had it on fast action and he was just too fast.
 This was taken during the scrimmage game that is why he has on the blue thing.
 He was after the ball the entire time.
 At the end of practice, they each got a balloon to practice heading the ball.  He loved this part.
 I messed up the dates - this was actually the 4 class in the series, Andrew wasn't supposed to start until next week but they let him stay for a free week.  So even though it was his very first time and all the kids in the class had been there for 3 weeks already, he was easily the best kid in the class.  He was focused, stayed on task, didn't cry, followed directions, didn't get reprimanded for hitting.

Watching Andrew today also reminded me of Uncle Mait.  Mait was intent on the field just like Andrew today - it was uncanny.

Skylar also got her new glasses today.

What do you think?



She loves them.  She readily admits she can see so much better with them too.

Tomorrow, we won't be home for most of the day so I am not even going to try to get any schoolwork finished.  But we have a couple co-ops to attend that will get some learning in.

1 comment:

  1. Skylar - we love your glasses. They look great...Nana & Cappy

    ReplyDelete

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...