I am working on getting more writing into the kids' day. It has been a struggle for some reason. I have a curriculum that I love using with them. I just need to get in the habit of doing it more often.
I love Brave Writer. I purchased it a little over a year ago from Homeschool Buyer's Co-op at a great discount. I have used some of the items off and on but when we were using COVA I had to do their stuff. Now that we are free again, I have pulled my Braver Writer back out.
Today, Cairn did a freewrite about cats. She wrote as much as she could about cats in 5 minutes. I had read in Brave Writer to make sure they knew a lot about their topic before letting them write. We talked about all the things she knew and then I let her at it. She asked for a couple more minutes.
Then Skylar did a freewrite about cats. We went through the same process as Cairn; talking about all the things she knew. She really struggled with sounding out words to write them down. I don't help with spelling, I expect them to sound out words and then when we correct, we find the correct spellings. We will just have to work on sounding out to spell too. She is so good at it for reading, I just assumed she could do it for spelling.
Andrew worked on making a grocery list for me. I started writing the list, he just helped me with sounding out the words. Then he wanted to write. Check out his list.
March 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Korean Scholarship!
Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won! Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...
-
Happy Valentine's Day! The kids woke up to a nice surprise of Valentine cards, dye free candy, new shirts and socks, and new "lip...
-
KrisAnne Hall came to our house today to give a fabulous lecture to 13 kids. She was supposed to come on Friday but she got caught in a ro...
-
I am finally getting a handle on how we are going to do school now and even though I don't have it all set up yet (Rosetta Stone is in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment