Everyone is aware that I supported Romney in this election and it has hit hard that he lost. I am trying to figure out our new direction with the new reality we face. It is going to be a rough road. I already have ideas forming and people ready to support me/us so we shall see where this goes. Details another time when there are more details.
Today, we got right back into the old regular routine. No more mom making phone calls, checking emails in the morning or checking news sites. I spent a little time reading some sites but then it was full on school. With the time change, everyone is up and ready to go by 8 AM so by 9:30 when we needed to leave everyone had almost all their schoolwork completed.
We took Cairn to her Microsoft class and since the other 2 were a little behind we went into the food court, took over a table and got to work. The kids seemed to like it and they got a lot of work finished and I was even able to assess Andrew on his letter recognition and sounds. He did great and now I know where to focus. He is ready to learn to read. He is always asking me what a word says (1st clue) and he understands a lot of phonemic awareness (2nd clue).
After Microsoft, we headed to Cairn's next class - Ameritowne. This is a great opportunity for her. They have so many weeks of classes to learn about finance and money, running a business, getting a job and leadership. Then the final activity is running the town for several hours. This week's assignment - read the "Help wanted" ads and find a job you might want to interview for the day long activity. Cairn was looking at doctor, medical center supervisor and bank teller.
While Cairn was in school, Skylar and Andrew played outside because it was 74 degrees outside.
After Cairn's class we went home to ride bikes and then finished up schoolwork. Cairn had a great attitude about school today which was refreshing. Could it have been because mom was more focused? More than likely.
We are doing a big unit study on Thanksgiving this month. We love the Learn our History DVD's so we watched the one tonight about Thanksgiving and the Mayflower. My favorite part was when the Pilgrims (in 1620) figured out that when people were given their share of property and had to work it to survive they prospered but when the group shared everything there was no prosperity. People gave up and didn't work very hard. Sound familiar?
Tuesday, November 6th
Andrew's piano class - this was his first class where he had to perform to earn a reward - it was the bird cage contest. He had to wear his hat too.
Here he is with his reward he chose - a plastic slinky. The girls had chosen this reward several times and he always wanted his own and now he does. I think he is so handsome in his hat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Korean Scholarship!
Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won! Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...
-
Happy Valentine's Day! The kids woke up to a nice surprise of Valentine cards, dye free candy, new shirts and socks, and new "lip...
-
KrisAnne Hall came to our house today to give a fabulous lecture to 13 kids. She was supposed to come on Friday but she got caught in a ro...
-
I am finally getting a handle on how we are going to do school now and even though I don't have it all set up yet (Rosetta Stone is in t...
Sounds like everyone is happy to have MOM back to normal. I know the election was a huge disappointment, you worked hard for Romney and your family. You just have to face one day at a time, and be the best person and protector you can be to your family. Hopefully someday the other 50% of the US population will understand we cannot sustain our current path of spending, and not having a strong military....Guess Who
ReplyDelete