August 13, 2012

All Day Girl Scouts

Well, Girl Scouts must be back in session because I spent the entire day doing Girl Scout stuff.

First, N and C were dropped off at 8 AM.  Everyone except Skylar was awake and ready to play but first we had to do school.  I even made N and C a notebook for the week and a school schedule.  They already knew they were going to be doing school with us so it wasn't a big surprise.  They liked their notebooks that looked like everyone else's though.

At 9, we left to go get some more ice cream and ice for the Ice Cream Social.  The kids did great while we ran into 2 stores - that might have been because I threatened them with loss of ice cream if they misbehaved. No one wanted to lose out.

We got to the park and set up for the Ice Cream Social.  Since I am the leader and needed to talk to the parents I had another older scout come to our meeting to lead the Scouts in games and songs.  They are called Program Aides and she did a fabulous job.

After our troop meeting, we headed home for some lunch even though no one was really hungry and finishing up schoolwork.

At 5 PM, I dropped my kids at N and C's house so I could go downtown to a Girl Scout training.  Dad got home at 6 and picked up the kids and I got home at 9 PM.  Full day and everyone did great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...