We are just moving right along with our summer. Wednesday and today was school in the morning and parks in the afternoon and water play in the backyard. No sunburns yet and no more injuries to heads. Andrew practices everyday riding Skylar's bike - we have to get the bike situation figured out so everyone has their own bikes again. Skylar is doing a fantastic job sharing though.
Skylar had a really rough night last night with leg pain. She has decided to sleep naked these days and then she kicks off her covers when she gets too hot and doesn't pull them back up when she gets cold. We (Dad, Skylar and I) were all awake at 5:30 AM today. Too early for Skylar who usually wakes at 9:30 or later.
This afternoon we hit the park with one of my co-leaders so we can start looking at next year's troop activities. Then we came home to make pizza play outside until it was ready at 5 PM (got it ready in time tonight). Then we headed to the library. I got some books on puberty.
Yep, I have to start having "the conversations" with Cairn. I decided it would be better to go to her first and start the conversation so she will feel comfortable coming to me when she starts having questions. Well, she had questions already. I started off with a really simple concept book tonight that I read to her - it was more preschool level but I wanted to gauge where she was in her thinking. It talked about the correct body part names which we have done with all the kids since they were born - no silly names here. Then it talked about eggs and sperms. One page said that when a man and woman love each other the egg and sperm get together and make a baby and it had a little cartoon picture of an egg and sperm hanging out in a heart. Very cute!
Cairn then asked, "Well how do they get together if they are in different bodies?"
Me: - "A man puts his penis inside the vagina."
Cairn - "yewwwww gross - that is disgusting."
She was all done with that conversation. We finished the book and talked about periods and my surgery - she worried that she would lose one of her ovaries too. She said she wanted to read another book. She would read all of them tonight if I let her but I want to read them to her slowly so I can control what information is going in. I told her to think of some questions and we will read some more tomorrow. She said okay and then asked if I had read the book to Skylar. I said, no these conversations were only for big girls. She liked that.
We have new neighbors moving in this weekend - Baby C's house. They have an 8 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. Skylar is excited. Hopefully, they will all get along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Korean Scholarship!
Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won! Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...
-
Happy Valentine's Day! The kids woke up to a nice surprise of Valentine cards, dye free candy, new shirts and socks, and new "lip...
-
KrisAnne Hall came to our house today to give a fabulous lecture to 13 kids. She was supposed to come on Friday but she got caught in a ro...
-
I am finally getting a handle on how we are going to do school now and even though I don't have it all set up yet (Rosetta Stone is in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment