February 26, 2014

New day, new friends - great day

No one slept too well last night, lots of restlessness, especially Andrew.  But we got up and got right to work on school because we had Tae Kwon Do and a playdate.

Skylar finished her schoolwork first and all by 10 AM.  I left Cairn at home while I took Andrew to Tae Kwon Do.  He had a great class because there were only 2 kids - both of whom are testing on Saturday.  So both boys got a ton of attention directed toward them and their test.  Andrew is super ready now for his test.

I was talking to his teacher and asked if it was possible for a kid to earn his black belt by 9 years old.  He said yes and the youngest he knows about was 8.  He also said that he see Andrew earning his black belt by 9 easily.  We will see.  It's all up to Andrew if he wants to do that.

After class, we ran to the store to get unsweetened almond milk because I am going to try to make my own yogurt in the slow cooker.  I will let you know if it turns out.

We returned home to Cairn who had completed her schoolwork, emptied the dishwasher and cleaned her room.  We had lunch and waited for our friends to arrive.

We had our regular friends coming over and then a new family for a total of 8 kids.  The kids all got along and had a great time.  It was beautiful outside so they even played out back for over an hour.

I was happy that we had a good day today.  It allowed me a couple opportunities to talk to the kids about what happened yesterday with them being more relaxed.  We talked about protecting each other if someone is hurting them and how we want to be good friends and good people and not ever hurt others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...