June 18, 2013

School, speech, Project Cure, and the park

Today was a packed day full of errands.  First, we started off with our schoolwork.

Then Andrew started speech again with his favorite therapist, Miss Jill.  She really worked him hard but he really wants to improve his speech so he was working hard too.

After she left, we jumped into the truck to take all of the Girl Scouts' hard work to Project Cure to drop off their donations.  Cairn, Skylar and C were very proud of their accomplishments.

After a couple more errands we went to the park to run around and burn some energy.  I was sitting on a bench reading while the kids were playing soccer in the field.  I watched as Skylar and C went off to a part of the park that had flowers.  I didn't think anything about it until I was informed they were picking flowers.  I went over to find out if that was true.  The girls were together and I asked, "are you picking the flowers?"  Immediate response, "oh no, we found these on the ground."  I could tell by Skylar's face that she was not telling the truth.  I sent C back to where our things were and sat down with Skylar.  Just by looking at her, she confessed they had been picking the flowers.  I told her I was very disappointed that she had lied to me and had picked flowers and that I was going to have to think of an appropriate consequence for her behaviors.

We packed up our things and went home.  Skylar and C were very quiet in the car.  I had to tell C's dad about her behavior and she was sent to her room for the rest of the night.  Skylar had to stay inside and do chores for me for her lying but I had an idea formulating for the flower picking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...