June 30, 2013

Oh my baby boy!!

Tonight after dinner the kids were driving me crazy with their constant asking for more food.  They all had seconds and had finished everything I had made.  They even had dessert and some had had apples.  So I figured they were just bored so we jumped on our bikes to go for a bike ride.

When we left it was raining.

We rode a mile before I decided the rain was getting to heavy so we turned around.  We were almost home when I heard a crash behind me.  I turned and saw Andrew laying on the pavement.  He looked up at me terrified.  I could already see his nose starting to bleed.

I walked over to him calmly and then he burst into tears.  I tried to calm him down and get him back on his bike but he couldn't do it.  I could see our street from where we were but knew I couldn't carry him and push two bikes so I called Dad.

He didn't answer because he was outside so I had to call a neighbor to go over and ask him to call me.  Dad picked up Andrew a couple minutes later and drove him home.  He hadn't stopped crying yet.

When the girls and I got home, I took Andrew inside to get him cleaned up.
Dad took a picture before I started.

Poor guy!  He had scuffed his knee and his elbow, hit his nose and got a fat lip.  He also hit his front tooth.  I got him into the bathtub and he told me he could wiggle his tooth.  I checked and, yup, it was loose.  While Dad sat with him in the tub I called the after hours dentist.

There is nothing really to do but the dentist wants to see Andrew first thing in the morning.  

Update tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...