May 19, 2013

6th birthday and Girl Scout camp

This morning, everyone was up early - there was a lot of excitement to be had.  Skylar was ready to open her presents right away.  I had them out for her since we wouldn't be home tonight and we wanted to open presents with Dad.

Yes, I even let her have cupcakes in the morning.  We had to sing to her right?


 Andrew and Cairn gave her a pet rabbit for her new American Girl doll - it had a bed and carrots included.
 From Cappy and Nana she got 2 new dresses that she loved and her most prized gift...
 Saige - her newest American Girl doll.
 Family portrait - Skylar, Saige, and Lily - her first doll.
After presents and breakfast, we got on with the day.  I had to finish packing for 2 trips - Girl Scout camp and our trip to Mount Rushmore.  

As soon as the orthopedic office opened, I was calling to see if I could get Cairn into the doctor today.  No such luck, she must wait until Monday.  She will be allowed to go to Girl Scout camp though.

Grandma stopped by to give Skylar her birthday present too - more American Girl doll items.  Skylar was in heaven.

Finally, it was 3 PM and the troop started showing up to head to camp.  

We had a fabulous time at camp.  Cairn had a lot of fun and only had tears a couple times when she couldn't participate in an activity.  Mostly though she could do whatever we did.  The troop cooked dinner Friday night - hot dogs, tator tots and salad.  For dessert, I brought more cupcakes so that Skylar could celebrate her birthday with everyone.  Then we played games until bedtime.  The troop stayed up late (past 11 PM).

Saturday, we started off with a flag ceremony before breakfast, learned a new craft, played games led by older Girl Scouts, bleach tie dyed some shirts, then headed to lunch.  After lunch, we had clean up chore in the dining room, more crafts, and a visit to the farm.  Then it was dinner time.  It was a little cloudy, cool and looked like rain so they moved the campfire inside.  So we went and sang songs and then headed back to our cabin to make smores.  The girls were exhausted and quickly fell asleep by 10 PM.

Sunday morning, we woke up to head to flag ceremony and brunch.  Then we had to clean our cabin from top to bottom before we headed to closing flag ceremony.  Finally, it was time to head home.

We arrived to a street full of parents waiting to pick up their girls. I had backpacks and crafts to hand out.  All the parents wanted to make sure their girls had a good time and then it was quiet.


But not for long, because we had to get the car unloaded and then reloaded for the next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...