February 28, 2013

Presentation Club

The kids were still coughing and I still didn't have a voice but we went to Presentation Club because the girls had worked really hard on their presentations.

The topic for the month was food.  So we could talk about anything food related.

Skylar was up first with her talk about being a vegan.

Then Andrew went up to talk about his favorite restaurant - Taco Bell.
Finally, Cairn was up and she talked about the history of cake.
Of course, the kids could have gone into a lot more depth about their topics but this was their very first presentation in front of a group.  I wanted them to do some research and preparation but I knew they wouldn't stay up there for long.  I think they did a fantastic job for their first time.

Next month is poetry.  We will study all kinds of different poetry for the month of March and then decide what to talk about closer to Presentation Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...