January 18, 2013

Another week gone

Well, most people didn't have a fever this week but they had little to no energy and horrible coughs.  Everyone but Cairn missed their piano classes because they were either coughing/runny nose or no energy.  We got some school work finished this week and even got to the park.

I went out with Aunt Trish on Wednesday night and had a Girl Scout leader meeting to run Thursday night so I had some time off.  Thursday the doctor ordered everyone outside for some sunshine and fresh air so we headed to park day with our homeschool friends.





An hour at the park wore everyone out.  I was at my meeting but Dad got everyone into bed and asleep by 7 PM.  I think it was what everyone needed.  I got to hang out with my friends and talk about schooling and just everyday stuff.  The kids got to run around with their friends and Dad got to see the kids interacting with their friends and get some sunshine.

Friday - we started our unit on the human body and we started constructing our body model.  Everyone is making their own.  We built a model of the lungs and then talked about senses and built a model of the face with the sense organs.

After getting some schoolwork finished Dad took the kids to our park down the street.  It was a gorgeous day I didn't want them to miss it.  Cairn got to her piano class while the rest of us went to Whole Foods to pick some stuff we needed.  Dad is gone at a class until tomorrow night.

Cairn completed her 2 Study Island tests for school this week and scored 100%.  She is also progressing very quickly through locating her states on a map on Always Ice Cream.  The next step is just seeing the shape of the state and learning to identify it.  She also started learning negative numbers this week and started a unit study on Colorado.  I went to the library and found a great new librarian that is doing some research for Cairn on good books for her to read.  She has read almost every series at the library for girls.  So she either has to start reading individual books (no series) or I don't know yet.  She also wrote her final composition piece for piano before she graduates in February.

Skylar didn't get as much individual schoolwork accomplished this week.  She is slow to recover so I didn't push her.  She did do some reading eggs and she is starting to progress on learning her state locations.

Andrew is working hard on counting above 10, learning to tell time and sportsmanship.  We play a game everyday and sometimes he loses and he is learning how to deal with that frustration.  It is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...