October 18, 2012

Catching up slowly

Today was a nice quiet day at home with lots of schoolwork getting finished.

First, Skylar was working on drawing.  We have the Draw, Write, Now series of books and the kids are finally interested in using them.  Actually, Skylar was interested and then everyone else decided they wanted to do it too.  Skylar works harder and more frequently on hers.  Today she drew a cat.  She also finished up her math unit on addition, finished her first semester of literature and moved into book 2 of her phonics class.  She is truckin' along with her reading.

Cairn drew a cat too.  Then she worked on her Italian Renaissance study, and worked on her fractions/decimals math unit.


Andrew continues to work on learning the letters of his name.  He now recognizes the r and w everywhere.

I had a conference call with Skylar's "teacher" today (I wish they called us the parent the teacher and the other person the learning coach) anyway - she started off with "how are things going?"  Then she must have opened her file and saw that she is almost finished with her kindergarten work.  She then asked me if the work was too easy.  I said yes but we are working through it quickly so we can get her 1st grade work ordered.  She was fine with that.  It was a fast 8 minute conversation because I didn't have any questions and Skylar is doing fine.

We played outside after we finished up school until we had to leave for Skylar's piano class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...