October 29, 2012

Almost to the election

It has been a super busy time here at the house.  I have been very busy with making nightly phone calls to my  fellow Republicans (I have a list of over 1000 people) plus I will be doing a couple phone banks for Romney this week.  We have also attended rallies, meetings and walked the neighborhood and talked to anyone I can get to talk.

Plus we did our regular stuff - school, piano classes, Cairn's Microsoft computer class, an art class and Girl Scout stuff and don't forget getting ready for Halloween.  So super super busy but some of it will ease up as soon as the election is over.

On Sunday, we went to a Halloween event (post shortly) and we took N and C.  In the car, the kids started talking about the election - them not me.  N got me into the conversation because he was telling me about what the kids at his school were saying negative about Romney.  He wanted to know what to say back to them because he supports Romney too.  It was a fun conversation and I loved that he was just as interested in the election as my kids.  If nothing else, this has been a great learning experience for my kids.  We have talked about the election process from caucus (because I went) to why we talk to people, why we watch debates, why when we do decide on a candidate why we support him/her and what we do to show our support plus all the reasons why the US has elections and not all countries do.  Hopefully, we will get to talk about elections again and we will see how much they retain.

In school, Cairn has been working on probability and data, European Renaissance and ecosystems.  Skylar is working on subtraction and we have now added spelling to her daily work.  She loves to write so I decided it was time to add in spelling.  She is also learning about Argentina.  Andrew is working on food groups, the alphabet and learning to spell his name.

1 comment:

  1. I am really impressed and proud of your work getting conservatives elected. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...