March 24, 2014

Andrew's 5th birthday

Andrew had a great birthday.

He started off with a breakfast of cinnamon rolls, hash browns and mangos.

  He wanted to open all his presents but only Mom and Dad were awake and Dad had to leave so we let him open one.
 He got the City Starter Kit with the fire truck, ambulance and his favorite = the skateboarder.



We built everything before we headed to Taekwondo class.  His friend, D, was meeting us there so he could join the class.

After class, D and Jacob from class came over for cake and ice cream and some play time.  The kids were all great and had a good time.






D and his family stayed for most of the afternoon to play.  Jacob had to leave to go to school but I am trying to talk his mom into homeschooling.

After D left, I sent the kids to their rooms for some quiet time before Grandma and Aunt Trish came over to continue the birthday celebration.

For dinner, Andrew had picked Cheddary Broccoli Soup.  His new favorite soup.  Grandma brought bread and I had made 2 cakes - chocolate and pineapple upside down cake.

Andrew got to talk to Cappy and Nana on the phone and Uncle Mait and Aunt Jenny skyped him. He was thrilled so many people remembered him on his birthday.

After dinner, he finally got to open up all his presents.  More Legos!
 Look at that excited face.
 He got a card that he could actually blow out the candles on so we all had to try it.


 After presents, we had cake.  Andrew wanted his orange belt on  his cake.  Cairn and I did the best we could but I think our frosting was a little too soft.  Andrew still loved it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...