December 21, 2013

Southport and Planes

Today we rode the ferry to Southport.

First, we had to stop at the beach at the end of Kure Beach to check out the ocean.
 Andrew loved jumping from rock to rock.


 The view back toward Wrightsville Beach.






 



 After playing at the beach for a bit, we made it to the ferry.  We all loaded up into Uncle Mait's car, drove on the ferry and then the kids were able to get out and explore.
 After the ferry, we drove into Southport and walked down to the water.

 

 At many of our stops I have been reading about the Italian explorer Verranzano.  I took this picture to help me remember to do some research on him.  He sounds pretty interesting.

After we explored the beach area, we walked around town to find a place for lunch.  We ate at Loco Joe's. The kids and I had a great salad, fried green beans and edamame.   After lunch we walked down the street to get dessert - taffy and fudge at a Southport Taffy and Fudge Factory.  It was the best taffy - so soft and fresh.  The fudge was pretty good too.

We headed home for dinner and a movie.  Jenny rented Planes.  Andrew was thrilled beyond words - he has wanted to see that movie for months.

Tomorrow we head back to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...