January 29, 2013

Snowy school day

My body and my work still haven't caught up yet.  2 weeks going by without my regular daily stuff getting done causes a lot of back up.  Laundry and cleaning house are still off.  I am still way behind in emails and the blog.  On top of that I am just exhausted by the end of the night - it might be the anxiety of all the unfinished.  I have been heading to bed earlier then usual to try to catch up.

It finally snowed - it actually started late yesterday afternoon so we woke up to about 2 inches.

Every morning, Andrew wakes up and asks if it is a school day so he knows if he can watch a TV show or not.  He is up at 6:30 or 7 AM everyday - I am too but I am not awake enough yet to get him going on school plus I need to make lunch for Dad and breakfast.  Many times, I am on the computer checking my email and the news so why couldn't he watch TV?  Finally, we decided that since he was up so early and he will get dressed right away if you ask him too that he can have ONE TV show in the morning as long as he is up and dressed.  2 smooth mornings later and things are going well.  He asked today for another show but I said no and he was fine - he just needed to test the waters.  As soon as the show is over I am ready to get him going on school and he is ready too.

The girls are doing a fantastic job in Always Ice Cream.  I have started sitting with them to make sure they do one level a day and then switch games.  So now they are attempting a whole variety of games.  Most of them take 30 seconds to 3 minutes depending on how high a level.  Cairn has learned almost all the state locations and has started working on capitals.  I found an Americas location game so both girls started  learning all the countries in South America plus the countries in North America (you know the 3).

In math, Cairn is working on linear equations and seems to get it pretty easily.  In Science, she started building her skeleton today.

Andrew has learned all his letters sounds and names and is wanting to read.  Tonight Cairn asked me how to spell a word and since I don't spell words for the kids (only Dad) I sounded it out so she could hear each of the sounds.  Andrew started rattling off the letters.  It was cool!  Dad looked at me like did you hear that?  So Andrew had to show off a little, Dad named some letters and he made the sounds.  Dad would turn to Cairn and ask if the sound was correct.  He was always right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...