September 27, 2012

Whoa...rough

I didn't get to post yesterday because of that darn thunderstorm.  I ended up having to lay down with the kids in Skylar's bed until they fell asleep so that made me super sleepy and I went to bed after that.

Nothing really happened other than school.  Cairn had her Microsoft class again and this time I planned better and had Skylar do some schoolwork on a computer in the store.  It was a super huge screen - she loved it.  Andrew liked it too because he could see what she was doing without having to get so close he bugged her.

After her class we came home to finish up schoolwork and everyone did it without much attitude and then Cairn cooked dinner.  She made Taco Soup.  I need to watch her a little more closely.  She made it SUPER spicy so spicy that I couldn't eat it.  Dad came home and ate some but he couldn't finish his bowl either.  Not sure what I am going to do with it so I froze it for now.  I ended up heating up some cans of soup for the kids to eat since they couldn't eat the soup.

Then we tried to get to bed on time but the storm didn't allow that.

Today, we were out the door by 8 AM to get Oreo to the vet.  But before that, we had to watch the trash man pick up our trash.  We even know his name and he gets out of his truck now, walks over to Andrew and talks to him.  Then after he goes around the cul-de-sac, he honks this special honk just for Andrew as he leaves.  Andrew won't go inside until he hears that honk.

At the vet, even the doctor commented on how big he was and said he will be a big boy.  He weighed 6 pounds and 10 ounces today which is bigger than another cat that is a year old that we met at the vet today.

After the vet we came home to get going on schoolwork but that didn't happen too well.  Everyone was cranky and off task.  I don't know if it was the lose of sleep or the being off schedule.  Either way, I did some yelling today and I don't like to yell.  We did finally get it all finished but not happily.  Luckily, tomorrow is a new day.

Here are the pictures that the kids painted.  This was for Cairn's art lesson about Renaissance art and how they used egg yolk in their paint, called egg tempera.  This creates a shiny surface.  We don't have eggs in the house so they said we could use glue.  I only gave the kids red, blue and yellow - the primary colors - so they could all work on color mixing.  Cairn did a fantastic job of mixing colors.  Skylar and Andrew had fun discovering.
Cairn's is titled "Sunset at the river"
Skylar's is titled "Colors meet"


Andrew's is titled "Mushroom and volcano"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korean Scholarship!

 Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won!  Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...