I woke the kids up at 7:30 today so we could be out the door by 8:15 to get to our hike. We were meeting up with our online school group for a hike at Red Rocks. It was a pleasantly cool morning so I thought we would have somewhat of a cooler hike.
Not so, we were hiking by 9:15 and it was already super hot. It was a 2 mile hike through beautiful rock formations. We saw lots of birds and 2 deer. We were warned about rattlesnakes and mountain lions.
After our hike, we had a picnic lunch at the amphitheater with the people on our hike. Part of the reason I was there was to recruit new Girl Scouts. I got a new Cadette and a new Daisy. Skylar is very excited about her new Daisy.
After the hike, we went home for quiet time and to cool down. We had to get Cairn to her Book Club so I had to wake Andrew during his nap. He was zonked. After dropping off Cairn, we went to the water park to play in the water.
First, they played in the fountains. There were a couple mean kids who were taking over the fountains and not letting the water spray out so we headed over to the river.
Andrew wasn't too happy because there were kids with water guns and buckets just drenching people. Those people who didn't want to get drenched would go to the opposite side where they were but they would eventually come to where all the kids were. It was kind of maddening and no parents around to stop them. It wouldn't have been too bad if the kids wanted to get drenched but it wasn't a fair fight and not everyone wants water poured on them.
After Book Club we headed home for dinner. Tonight I made brown rice and quinoa and topped it with lentils, crushed fire roasted tomatoes and green chilies. Everyone loved it.
After we ate we headed out to play with the kids. I haven't been taking them to the park lately because of all the fighting on the street. We tried to work on some stuff tonight. We will see what tomorrow. brings the group.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Korean Scholarship!
Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won! Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...
-
Happy Valentine's Day! The kids woke up to a nice surprise of Valentine cards, dye free candy, new shirts and socks, and new "lip...
-
KrisAnne Hall came to our house today to give a fabulous lecture to 13 kids. She was supposed to come on Friday but she got caught in a ro...
-
I am finally getting a handle on how we are going to do school now and even though I don't have it all set up yet (Rosetta Stone is in t...
Andrew looks like he wants to punch somebody..Cappy
ReplyDelete