or maybe not.
For whatever reason, today was not a good day. We were slow to get on school, I just felt like I was hounding everyone to get to work. Finally, Cairn got on task and worked pretty hard. Skylar and Andrew wouldn't stay on task for anything.
I was trying to pack the backpacks for the hike and keep the kids on task. Maybe that was the problem. Finally, at 10:45 I had had enough. I called my friend and asked if she could take Cairn on the hike while I stayed at home with Skylar and Andrew. She was fine with that but the littles were not. I got everyone into the car crying and screaming. I felt like joining in.
We dropped off Cairn and before we could get turned around, Andrew was asleep - it was only 11:40 AM. I got everyone home and put Andrew into bed and Skylar got to work on putting energy back into me by doing chores. She washed all the kitchen cabinets, cleaned the microwave, dusted the TV, wiped down the counters in the red bathroom, washed the bathroom cabinets in the red bathroom and the master bath, and wiped down the frig. Then she got hungry so I let her eat.
Andrew woke up at 1:20, ate and got to work on his chores and Skylar finished up hers. They folded towels, picked up leaves and trash, and Skylar wiped down the floor while I vacuumed. Cairn returned at 3:30, immediately took a bath while the littles went outside to play in the sunshine. I started dinner.
Cairn had a great time on her hike. My friend sent a couple pictures.
Aunt Trish came over for dinner since we were all going to check out her possible new house. We ate a nice dinner of spaghetti mac and carrots and then went outside to ride bikes until Dad got home. All of a sudden Andrew lost it while we were getting everyone in the car. So I took out of the car and we went inside while everyone else left. It took him about 45 minutes to calm down, he ate and then he did some more chores - emptied trash, and made Skylar's bed with a new blanket.
Dad came home with the girls so we all went outside to ride bikes in the cul-de-sac with the neighbors. Everyone wanted me to take them to the park but it was already 7:45 when they got home.
Andrew was riding his bike backwards down the driveway when he crashed, which caused him to cut open his head and create a large goose egg on the back of his head. I was a little worried when I picked him up and there was blood on the street. It stopped very quickly and it was just a little road rash. Another head banger though. The reason he didn't have his helmet on was because he was only riding his little bike and I have never had him wear it on that one. I do now!!
I have figured out through trial and error and observation that Andrew does a much better job of eating when he eats all alone. He gets right down to business and shovels it in. He seems to get too distracted with everyone around to stay on task to eat. I will have to figure out how to help him learn to eat with distractions. Luckily, I have many years to work with him (since he is only 3).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Korean Scholarship!
Cairn applied for the Korean Learner Scholarship at CSU and won! Andrew and I were able to attend the award ceremony where she received th...
-
Happy Valentine's Day! The kids woke up to a nice surprise of Valentine cards, dye free candy, new shirts and socks, and new "lip...
-
KrisAnne Hall came to our house today to give a fabulous lecture to 13 kids. She was supposed to come on Friday but she got caught in a ro...
-
I am finally getting a handle on how we are going to do school now and even though I don't have it all set up yet (Rosetta Stone is in t...



Tough mother, but the kids should know there are rules, and you better do what mommy says needs done.... We thought we were strict with our kids,but we were not as consistent as you. The Texans
ReplyDelete