May 26, 2017

Mom undergoes surgery

Today, I finally underwent my surgery.  Dad took me to the hospital.  We left the kids at home and left the house at 5 AM so we could arrive by 5:30 AM.

I was in the prep room by 6 AM and asleep by 7:30 AM.  I remember being given the medication to make me happy but I don't remember leaving the prep room or even Dad leaving the room.

I woke up several hours later with Andrew and Dad at my side.  I was told it took me longer than most to wake up.  They expected me to be at home by the time I finally woke up.

Andrew told me that I told him he "was nice" one time when I woke up.  He said that he was laying his head on my shoulder when I woke up and said, "you are nice."  


I finally got home late in the afternoon and went back to sleep pretty quickly after getting home.

I got flowers from Cappy and Nana.
It is going to be a long recovery of 6 to 8 weeks.  I have one week at home before the family leaves and Nana comes to take care of me while they are camping in Nebraska.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Cappy & Nana

    ReplyDelete